Friday, December 10, 2010

Summing it up

This semester has been a whirlwind tour of various open source Content Management Systems and similar software packages that can be used as digital repositories. It's obvious that there is no obvious choice when it comes to selecting the best package for a repository - and even more problematic at large institutions where there are so many differing communities and needs.

My takeaway this semester is that there will be lots more to learn and that collaboration will be one of the keys to success in the digital information management field. I think it is a promising area and I'm really grateful to have started down this path.

I want to keep working on some form of digital repository, just to keep my irons in the fire. I think I'm going to try installing Omeka on a server and see how far I can get with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment