Saturday, September 11, 2010

A lot on my plate

The combination of the technical and management sections of 675 definitely add a level of complexity to my already scattered life these days. I also think that the design of the d2l site adds to the confusion when it could be part of the solution. So many different things one has to click on and maneuver around to get to where one want to go. I would love to be on a redesign team for d2l!
The subject matter is very interesting in both areas, but I definitely feel that I am approaching maximum data input limits these days. I'm sure it is a combination of all the various commitments I have with family, work, school. There is very little down time to just contemplate what I am reading - which makes it harder to write. I also miss the face-to-face interactions of the old days - asynchronous conversations are very convenient for a busy schedule, but there are so many things missing from the conversation. I feel like I am missing the chance to really know the other people in my class and I know it would really be interesting to do so.
The technical stuff is not as difficult as 672. I do have to brush up on things and go back and double-check on a command or such, but generally that part is feeling more comfortable - the complexities of the readings and concepts there are getting tougher at the same time. It's going to be interesting to keep up with it all when I travel to Kenya for the Biodiversity Informatics workshop with a group from SIRLS including Director Dr. Bryan Heidorn. I hope I can find good internet in Nairobi!

No comments:

Post a Comment